- Family-School Partnerships in Context
- Springer International Publishing
- Published Date:
- Paperback / softback
- Product Dim.:
- 9.25 H x 6.10 W (inches)
Family-School Partnerships in Context
This volume focuses on context considerations in family-school partnership research. The book examines how cultural diversity, including differences in parenting (e.g., race, education, family history) and diverse school variables (e.g., location, population, organization,) can affect family-school partnerships. Its bio ecological perspective pinpoints critical areas that studies need to address for real-world utility, such as parental commitment and developmental considerations. Although the book’s focus is research, chapters present program designs and evaluations along with ideas for community involvement and policy. The authors also explore the changing landscape for home-school partnerships resulting from the impact of technology, which is rapidly becoming a central player in organizing research and bringing interventions to life. Topics covered include:
- Complexities in field-based partnership research.
- Family-centered, school-based interventions.
- A district leadership approach to school, family and community partnerships.
- Research issues to forward a policy agenda supporting family-school partnerships.
- Testing statistical moderation in research on home-school partnerships.
- Integrating current and evolving knowledge toward future directions for research.
Contexts of Family-School Partnerships is a valuable resource for researchers, professionals and graduate students in child and school psychology, educational policy and politics, family studies, developmental psychology, sociology of education, sociology and anthropology.
Special Offers and Promotions
Our print to order bookstore saves you money. There are currently no special offers for Family-School Partnerships in Context
Thank you for selecting our online bookstore. Currently, there are no editorial book reviews for Family-School Partnerships in Context
About Pubgraphics Direct
PGDirect is an online bookstore that has embraced the concept of direct to consumer selling for self-published books, softcover and hardcover books, specialty books, children's books, hard to find books, college textbooks, print on demand books and more.