The first research-based text that focuses on the impact of the father-daughter relationship, this provocative book examines the factors that can strengthen or weaken these relationships and the impact that these relationships have on society. The research is brought to life with compelling personal stories from fathers and daughters, including well-known celebrities and politicians. Controversial questions engage the reader and film lists and website resources demonstrate the relevance of the research. Boxed quizzes and questionnaires show students how the research can be applied to their own lives while others highlight the relationships between actual fathers and daughters. Bold faced terms, a conclusion, and review questions keep readers focused on the key concepts. How these relationships are often ignored or denigrated in the media and in some mental health and legal systems is examined. The hope is that readers will apply the research to their own families and/or work. The book addresses:
- What is “good” fathering?ã€€
- How do daughters influence their fathers’ well-being?
- How do fathers affect their daughters’ social, academic, athletic, and psychological development?
- How are problems such as depression, eating disorders, and teenage pregnancy related to the quality of these relationships?
- How are father-daughter relationships in ethnic and racial groups unique?
- How do incarceration, abuse, gay or lesbian relationships, military service, immigration, and poverty affect father-daughter relationships?
Special Offers and Promotions
Our print to order bookstore saves you money. There are currently no special offers for Father-Daughter Relationships
Thank you for selecting our online bookstore. Currently, there are no editorial book reviews for Father-Daughter Relationships
About Pubgraphics Direct
PGDirect is an online bookstore that has embraced the concept of direct to consumer selling for self-published books, softcover and hardcover books, specialty books, children's books, hard to find books, college textbooks, print on demand books and more.