- Amy E Stein
- CRC Press
- Published Date:
- Paperback / softback
- Product Dim.:
- 8.5 H x 6 W (inches)
by Amy E Stein
Explore effective alternative approaches to improving the lives of those diagnosed with attention deficit disorder!This remarkable new book offers fresh perspectives on ADD/ADHD. Even more important, it provides new direction for sufferers, introducing an ecologically based lifestyle that focuses on hands-on interactive learning. Fragments: Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder shows how to use environmental education and activities such as organic farming, community service, mission work, art, yoga, meditation, and spirituality to bring about positive change in people diagnosed with ADD or ADHD.From author Amy E. Stein: “This book is about life. It is written for those who think they have no hope, who struggle with life, with decisions, with addiction, and in search of themselves. I do not believe traditional psychotherapy or medication are solutions for those of us who fall under the label of ADD or ADHD.”Candidly written by a woman who, at age 25, was diagnosed as “a textbook case for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder,” this insightful book examines:
- the pitfalls of traditional psychotherapy and medication for those diagnosed with ADD/ADHD
- how an interactive hands-on learning environment can markedly improve the educational experience of ADD/ADHD kids
- how an organic, holistic approach can benefit those diagnosed with ADD/ADHD
- the correlation between agriculture and ADD/ADHD and the impact of eliminating pesticides and increasing fatty acid intake in the diets of sufferers
- how incorporating spirituality and faith into ADD/ADHD sufferers’ lives can help to add discipline and bring greater satisfaction
- and much more!
Five helpful appendices give you easy access to environmental education resources, agricultural resources, a sample agricultural curriculum, a sample ecology curriculum, and an environmental art curriculum.
Special Offers and Promotions
Our print to order bookstore saves you money. There are currently no special offers for Fragments
Thank you for selecting our online bookstore. Currently, there are no editorial book reviews for Fragments
About Pubgraphics Direct
PGDirect is an online bookstore that has embraced the concept of direct to consumer selling for self-published books, softcover and hardcover books, specialty books, children's books, hard to find books, college textbooks, print on demand books and more.