- Globalisation, Markets and Healthcare Policy
- Jonathan Tritter and Meri Koivusalo and Eeva Ollila
- CRC Press
- Published Date:
- Product Dim.:
- 9.25 H x 6.25 W (inches)
Globalisation, Markets and Healthcare Policy
by Jonathan Tritter and Meri Koivusalo and Eeva Ollila
Although the last two decades have seen the healthcare systems of most developed countries face pressure for major reform, the impact of this reform on the relationship between empowerment, consumerism and citizen’s rights has received limited research attention. Globalisation, Markets and Healthcare Policy sets out to redress this imbalance. This book explores the extent to which globalisation and commercialisation relate to current and emerging health policies. It also looks at the implications for citizens, patients and social rights, as well as how policy making interacts with the interests of global and European trade and economic policies. Topics discussed include:
- How the impact of globalisation on health systems is apparent in the influence of international actors and European policies.
- How the impact of globalisation is mediated by national priorities and policies and is therefore reflected in diverse influences.
- How commercialisation of health is presented as benefiting citizens and patients but has the potential to undermine the aims and values inherent in health systems.
- How the role of citizens’ interests, social rights, patient’s rights and priorities of patient and public involvement need to be separated from commercialisation, choice and consumerism in health care.
Special Offers and Promotions
Our print to order bookstore saves you money. There are currently no special offers for Globalisation, Markets and Healthcare Policy
Thank you for selecting our online bookstore. Currently, there are no editorial book reviews for Globalisation, Markets and Healthcare Policy
About Pubgraphics Direct
PGDirect is an online bookstore that has embraced the concept of direct to consumer selling for self-published books, softcover and hardcover books, specialty books, children's books, hard to find books, college textbooks, print on demand books and more.