- Sport and Society in the Global Age
- Macmillan Education UK
- Published Date:
- Product Dim.:
- 9.21 H x 6.14 W (inches)
Sport and Society in the Global Age
Are sports influenced by their social context? Can sport influence the social world? And how is sport changing in our increasingly globalized society? This thought-provoking text explores these questions and introduces key debates in the sociology of sport. Uncovering the power dynamics within sport and bringing this everyday topic under a sociological lens, the book:
- explores hot topics and contemporary controversies, such as e-gaming, fan violence and sex testing
- examines the central role of technology and the media in how sport is consumed, represented and played
- discusses a wide range of thinkers, from Gramsci to Castells
- reflects on developments in sport at local, global and national levels.
With clearly explained theory and vibrant case examples, this text shows how we engage with sport in social, political, cultural and economic terms. It is an indispensable text for students across the social sciences studying sports.
Special Offers and Promotions
Our print to order bookstore saves you money. There are currently no special offers for Sport and Society in the Global Age
Thank you for selecting our online bookstore. Currently, there are no editorial book reviews for Sport and Society in the Global Age
About Pubgraphics Direct
PGDirect is an online bookstore that has embraced the concept of direct to consumer selling for self-published books, softcover and hardcover books, specialty books, children's books, hard to find books, college textbooks, print on demand books and more.