- Understanding Video Games
- Simon Egenfeldt-Nielsen and Jonas Heide Smith and Susana Pajares Tosca
- CRC Press
- Published Date:
- Product Dim.:
- 10 H x 7 W (inches)
Understanding Video Games - PGDirect self-published books, specialty books, hard to find, print on demand books and more.
By: Simon Egenfeldt-Nielsen and Jonas Heide Smith and Susana Pajares Tosca
Understanding Video Games
by Simon Egenfeldt-Nielsen and Jonas Heide Smith and Susana Pajares Tosca
This expanded and revised second edition of Understanding Video Games provides a comprehensive introduction to the growing field of game studies. Understanding Video Games, 2nd Edition is an essential read for newcomers to video game studies and experienced game scholars alike. This follow-up to the pioneering first edition takes video game studies into the next decade of the twenty-first century, highlighting changes in the game business, advances in video game scholarship, and recent trends in game design and developmentâ€”including mobile, social, and casual gaming. In Understanding Video Games, 2nd Edition students will:
- Assess the major theories used to analyze games, such as ludology and narratology
- Gain familiarity with the commercial and organizational aspects of the game industry
- Trace the history of video games from Pong to Playstation 3 and beyond
- Explore the aesthetics of game design
- Evaluate the cultural position of video games
- Consider the potential effects of both violent and “serious” games.
Special Offers and Promotions
Our print to order bookstore saves you money. There are currently no special offers for Understanding Video Games
Thank you for selecting our online bookstore. Currently, there are no editorial book reviews for Understanding Video Games
About Pubgraphics Direct
PGDirect is an online bookstore that has embraced the concept of direct to consumer selling for self-published books, softcover and hardcover books, specialty books, children's books, hard to find books, college textbooks, print on demand books and more.